Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access locked by User

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gail711

Programmer
Feb 17, 2004
GB
I have a database that is being deployed to several groups of people, each with their own back-end. The front ends have been put on a mixture of XP, 98 and 95 PCs. This is working fine on all but one of the groups. In this group several of the XP users are getting error messages about the table being locked by userX on PCX. This other user is also XP. The databases have all been set up with no locks and the default open mode is shared, i don't see why she should be able to throw other people out. This has happened when they are in different forms and therefore different tables.
The only difference i can see is that she has access2000 on her PC as well, so access97 has been installed in a different folder.
Does any have any idea how to stop this happening?

If the versions of Access have been installed properly, there shouldn't be a problem.

I work for the NHS, and have 2 versions of Access on my machine.

Have alook at the LDB file, open it in wordpad or notepad to see who is accessing the file. If it is her PC name, then you need to speak to the Teccies to sort it out.

Regards
Lee James
Data Analyst

Look at the settings in the advanced tab in the options screen found on the tools menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back