Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access line in use from Jabber

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyset6

Technical User
Sep 7, 2007
US
Is it possible to connect to a busy line on another device, typically a phone, in Jsbber? It seems that by default it's not possible. I ask because if I join a conference call on my phone, but want to resume using Jabber with my connected headset - I know I can by placing the call on hold, then selecting Resume in Jabber, but I'd prefer not to introduce music on hold in the conference. Even though I have no MOH selected in the DN of the line in the Jabber profile. I still hear MOH. If seen other threads in the Cisco Community of why that is, but haven't yet found a related question re: accessing a busy line. This could be referred to as 'Barge In', with legacy phone systems.

I'd line to access the busy line in Jabber, then be temporarily 'conferenced' in, then release the call from the desk phone.

That looks like what I want to do - thanks. Unfortunately although there are some Inactive features in the Service Parameters, Built In Bridge Enable doesn't exist as an option in our system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back