Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACCESS License Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fidleid

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2001
US
I had installed Office XP but now have run into all the problems it has and I wanted to go back to Office 97. I get the message that the machine is not licensed for 97 and I know this problem was covered before in the forums but I cannot find the answer.

The XP problems, in case you are interested: label wizard problems, conversion problem converting from 97 and back, validation rule problems.

if you goto microsoft knowledge-base they should have a solution this problem.
Type the err text word-for-word and you should find a useable A.

This is a problem with the HATTEN.TTF file. FOr some reason, the version of this file is not compatible with Office 97. A new version is installed with later versions of Office (2000, XP).

The solution:

Make sure Office 97 is uninstalled.
Rename the HATTEN.TTF file in the foonts folder to HATTEN.OLD. Then install Office 97.

Afterward, you can rename the HATTEN.OLD back to TTF.

You should be good to go.

I had this same problem recently.

The version of Access was an upgrade, but once I had inserted an old CD for the Office 95 product, it registered the upgrade and all was OK

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back