Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Is Denied to Remote Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jatinderp

MIS
Apr 9, 2003
GB
Hi

I'm having trouble with a error message that keeps poping up in the backup exec 8.x log file. Can someone help me solve it.

The error meesage is "Access is denied to Remore Agent for Windows NT/2000 - performing standard backup. (You must be a backup operator or Administrator to use the remote agent for Wndows NT/2000.) System state requires Remote Agent for Windows

I've been on Veritas's site and tried their solution but it hasn't worked - doc (241451)

Any help would be gratefully received.

Are you using Small Business Server 2000 ? If so, you cannot backup remote servers from SBS2000, even with the remote agent installed.

Is the remote server in the same domain ?
If not, is there a working trust relationship in place ?
If so, then ensure the Backup Exec Service Account in your domain is also in the "Domain Admins" group in the other domain.

If the other server is a member server, try adding the Backup Exec Service Account into the local Administrators group on the remote server.

Regards,

John.

Hi Ya,

They are all in the same Domain as the BE Server and are member servers, the local admin group has the service account in them on the member servers and in the domain admin on ther DC's.

No not running SBS 2000

Here's the fix which worked for me, found from another post someone sent to me

Thanks

On Backup Exec server:
1. Stop all Backup Exec (BE) services.
2. Open registry HKEY_LocalMachine/Software/Veritas/Backup Exec/Engine/NTFS change the Restrict Anonymous Support from value of 0-->1.
3. In the same key as above, add a new dword value called useAdSSCheck with a value of 0.
4. Start all BE services and open BE.
5. On the remote server, stop the Backup Exec Remote Agent for NT/2000 service.
On remote server:
6. On remote server, go to the same registry key as above and change Restrict Anonymous Support to 1.
7. Start Remote Agent service.
Test a backup of system?state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back