Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access is Denied on Restore Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibrahims

MIS
Nov 30, 2003
JO
Hello;
I'm Using Veritas Backup 8.60 Sofwtare; When I tried to restore the System State for a remote PC; Access is Denied messgae Always appeared ;
Please Advise

Backup Exec probably doesn't have permissions to the remote PC. The account doing the RESTORE was probably given BACKUP privileges only.

-SQLBill

Make sure that backup exec has administrative rights on the remote PC & make sure that the remote agent is installed on the remote PC (u cant restore system state without it).

Let us know how u go.

Dear There;
I Think the problem is not related to the privellage; since i've ran the restore with multiple users with high privellage locally and on the domain; Also i've tried ur suggestion Justin; But with No Use :(
Please Advise

I am experiencing the same problem, on a test environment. I attempted to restore the system state for the domain controller. I started the 2000 server in safe mode - (restore) and attempted the restore but received an access denied message. I can restore basic files to the server. Anything you have discovered would be helpful... Thanks

jerseyphil

Is this the only DC in your domain?? If so did you start the 2000 server in Active Directory Restore mode?

If it isnt the only DC all you need you need to do is join the server to the domain & promote it to a DC - the other DC's will then replicate the AD to it.

Hope the is helps

When you say you've tried to restore with many users with high privileges, what did you mean by that?

And, as Justin asked, can you back up the current system state?

Hello All;
I Used the Domain Admin User; and other local admin Users; But with no use;;;; The Server is a member Server;; but Access is denied Message Appeared when i tried to Restore the system state;; I've ran full restore ;;; everything were restored but the system state;;;;
What can U say in that???

ibrahims

Can you backup the system state of the computer the way it is at the moment? Do you get access denied on this?

Another thing, is the server the same name as the original?

Can you map a drive to the admin$ share on the remote computer from the backup server? If not fix this, as the System State restore needs to connect to the ADMIN$ share.

Also make sure the remote agent is using Local System Account to logon as when the service starts.

Dear All;
I Think I Found it; the Drive was COMPRESSED and that caused the overall problem....
If any got an explanation for that; I hope to share with me....
Thank U all
Your Comments were highly appreciated
ibrahims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back