Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACCESS IN A CITRIX METAFRAME ENVIRONMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul7905

MIS
Jun 29, 2000
US
HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH ACCESS RUNNING ON A CITRIX METAFRAME SERVER?  I AM ABOUT TO ATTEMPT TO INSTALL AN ACCESS APPLICATION AND PUBLISH IT TO MULTIPLE USERS ON A SERVER RUNNING CITRIX METAFRAME; WE ARE RUNNING A WINDOWS NT 4.0 NETWORK WITH CLIENT WORKSTATIONS RUNNING WINDOWS 95. ANYONE RUNNING ACCESS UNDER CITRIX PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR EXPERIENCES, THANKS  

Make sure you look into the transform files that you need to install when installing Access... this is done for all micorosoft applications. You can find more information from the microsoft website. Be careful of what you can do.. a single installation can trash your citrix server.

I have had a very serious issue with Citrix/MetaFrame and Access2000. I installed a Point of Sale application on a site with 3 user stations. The setup of the files was (Application and temp local table file) sitting on the server in a designated home directory for each user, while the shared data file was sitting on the route of the server. The problem was that if 2 users were entering transactions at the same time, their work was jumping between workstations, sometimes disappearing completely, sometimes showing up on 2 stations at a time, and sometime leaving the source system and showing up on another. I have found no solution to this problem as of yet, and I am about to give up. I wish I had better news for you.

Update. Long since, (over a year now), i have had the access 2000 app running on the metaframe server. the application is split insofar as the data bases are seperate from the app code (actually there are 5 seperate .mdb's in seperate folders all linked) and they are all on the server (not on a seperate file server).

There are currently 6 users and it all works great>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back