Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Genesys applications in Windows7

Status
Not open for further replies.

manthadurga

Programmer
Aug 3, 2010
US
How to access the Genesys applications using Windows 7. Windows 7 does not support Genesys procucts. Please let me know

Are any of these viable for getting your application to run in Windows 7?

Have you tried right-clicking on the shortcut to the program, or the .exe, or the installation Setup.exe, and selecting the "Run As Administrator" option?

Make older programs run in this version of Windows (Windows 7)

Help with Windows 7 compatibility problems

Windows 7 Compatibility Center

Windows Virtual PC
Download Windows XP Mode

Windows XP Mode (Windows 7 only, but not any of the Home versions) "You are not eligible to download Windows XP Mode. You must have Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate to run Windows XP Mode".

Virtual PC 2007

Running Virtual PC 2007 on Windows 7

This covers the whole gambit of virtual machines in "Home" versions if you want to have a look at it. Of course you will need a licensed copy of XP to install and run in any of them (except XP Mode).

VirtualBox is an impressive VM contender

VMware is also an option. It runs XP very well. Have you actually tried running a Genesys app under Windows 7? Have you tried using compatibilty mode on the app's .exe file?

Are you talking about Genesys CTI software, or some other Genesys?

If it is the CTI software, the client apps Config Manager, WFM Config Utility, OCM, CC-Pulse etc. should run fine (you might need compatibility mode). NOTE - Windows 7 may not be supported, so if you are working in a production system, check the supported OS documentation on the support site.

Server apps DB-Server, Config Server etc. did not run under XP, so are unlikely to work under Windows 7. For these apps you need a server OS (Server 2003 or 2008). As already mentioned in this thread, VMware is good for this.

With a bit of trial and error you could probably get the clients on Windows 7 talking to the server apps on a VMware image running on the same physical machine, although it might be easier to build everything on a virtual image.

I guess it comes down to what you are trying to achieve, if you just want the clients to access an existing platform or if you are building a model/playpen for practice.

Steve

Thanks all for your replies.

Harris is installed Virtual PC with windows update mode. I could get to my office network but could not get into configuration manager. I am getting error.

Do yo think, am I missing anything here.

Have you built the whole thing in Virtual PC, Database, DB-Server, Config Server and Config Manager? or is your client outside of the Virtual PC?

Do DB-Server and Config Server run if you start them from command prompts?

If config manager is not on the Virtual PC, does it work properly if you load it there?

What error are you getting?

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back