Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Gen Delivery mailbox remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacgec

IS-IT--Management
Jan 25, 2002
US
Sorry for the sketchy details, but I'm not at the office where I can get the details. We have an ICS system (StarTalk v.4 I believe). I've just tried accessing the general delivery mailbox from home, but received a message saying that the mailbox could not be accessed remotely, contact my administrator (which unfortunatly is me).

Is there a setting I can change to allow someone to check messages in the general delivery mailbox remotely?

you should be able to access the voicemail box remotely. Has the VM box been initialized? If not, you can not do it until you have external init. turned on or you do it in the office.

NTL555

The general delivery mailbox has been initialized. I can check it when I'm in the office, but this is the first time I've tried from outside the office. I can check my personal extension from outside the office, just not the general delivery mailbox.

The gen deliv may have a different number than the extension it alerts to. Are you sure of its mbx number?

I think I've got the # correct. When inside the office, I access the general delivery mailbox using 1020000. The message waiting indicator shows up on extension 301.

From outside the office, 1020000 gives a message saying: "This mailbox cannot be accessed from an outside line". Just for kicks I tried 3010000, which gives the message: "The mailbox password combonation you have entered is not registered."

senk1s,

If I try 1000000, I get a message saying "this mailbox has been locked to avoid unauthorized access" I'm not sure how to go about unlocking this mailbox.

102 is your system admin mbx, not the gen deliv. They would not be the same location unless whoever set it up was unfamilair with the system.

Also- you can access mbx 102 onsite without it being initialized. It has not been initilized, because if it were, the password would not be 0000.

Try 100 for your gen deliv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back