Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access front-end - linking to sql stored procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpicks

MIS
Oct 11, 2002
US
Hi all.

I have an Access 2000 database that is using sql server 2000 as a back-end. I am able to link to tables and views that are in sql server (using a file dsn connection), but have been unable to determine how to link to stored procedures. Does anyone out there know of a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure this is possible. Or even that you want to. Write your own procedures or import them from what others have written in ACCESS.

rollie@bwsys.net

All of the data is already in sql (all tables, views, and stored procedures). I want to use Access as a way for our users to view this data and allow them to build their own reports off of it.

The sql database has been around for a while and already has a number of stored procedures that are being used by an asp application. I'm hoping that I can simply reuse these stored procedures, instead of writing new views in sql (or queries in access).

There is a way... try Pass-Through query. In the SQL view type EXEC YOURSPNAME. Then you have to enter the ODBC connection string in the properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back