Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access from win2k server to winME

Status
Not open for further replies.

opensky

Technical User
Aug 9, 2001
PK
Hi,

I have two machine one has Win2k server and other is WinME. Now problem is this whenever i tried to access server machine from winme its worked fine but when i m trying to access winme machine from server its showing me an error message at server "\\Adsw1 is not accessible
The account is not authorized to log in from this station"

Thanks in advance.

Do you have File and print sharing installed and set up in the Network Properties? James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Yes

I can ping this machine from server. And in My Network Places I can see this WinME machine. But when i am double clicking at WinMe machine its showing me above error message.

Actually this WinME machine have a modem and wingate installed. If I typed this machine's IP address in Server's IE connection tab, its working fine and WinME machine's wingate showing me that server requested for internet service. But no data is for server.

Thanks buthcrecon for your reply

Try adding the IP and computer name (of the WinME machine) to the hosts file on the Server. it my have issues resolving the name. Let me know if that helps. James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Thank you Butchrecon. Now problem is changed.

But what is the function of hosts file?

Its asking for authentication. If give him domain administrative password its not working, but when i m giving him a local user password its working. Why is this?

Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back