Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Forms entering problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZBarron

MIS
Sep 3, 2003
US
Hi,

Racking my head on a certain no brainer. I just started using Access and created a form. I've linked to the table fields I wanted ok, but am unable to enter data on most of the fields on the form. There are no error messages, just an annoying "bleep". If I enter data directly into the table, it is ok and I'm able to edit it through the form. Just not able to enter using the form. Going crazy.

Did you use the wizard to create your form, or did you do it by hand? I always use the wizard to make sure that the text boxes on my form are all properly linked to the correct fields in the table.

Yup, I've used the wizard (and I've also tried it manually) I'm guessing it has to do with the tables themselves, but just can't figure it out. I just thought of something... maybe if I start with just one table... then go from there.

If your form's data source is made up of linked tables then you won't be able to perform data entry in that form. Try using main forms and sub forms to get all your data on the form.

HTH,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back