Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access files from Windows 2000 on a Vax/VMS using Pathworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIMS

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2001
DK
We use Pathworks ver 4.2 on a Vax/VMS ver 5.5-2
We run the processes: PCFS_SERVER, NBNS (and may be more)
We don't use any Pathworks-client on the PC, but simply "map a networkdrive" by rightclick on "My computer" - I suppose it is MicrosoftNetwork that is the LanManager-client.
It works very god under Windows-95, -98 and Windows-NT 4.0 but under Windows 2000 it does not. We can succeed in mapping the drive, we get a window to the Vax-directory, but it is empty???
We can use this empty window - We can put files into the window, and they excist when we look in the Vax-dir. We can also "open" the file from VB, but we can not make a "dir"-command in VB.

So, it nearly works - we just cann't se the files in the file-window.

Does anyone known a solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance

Claus krog Mikkelsen
Denmark

upgrade pathworks to at least V6. V4 is no longer supported and will not work with W2k client

Some versions of Pathworks have been fixed to work woth W2K.

Contact Customer Support numbers regarding you current Patworks version, and the issues with W2K.

They are the only ones that can provide you the Updated Images for Pathworks..

Luck...

L8ter!

I know for a fact that PW 7.2 works OK with W2K as I had to upgrade from 7.1a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back