Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Errors messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

LKB6

MIS
Mar 20, 2009
US
Hi,
I have an old VBA programmed Access database.This always worked before, but after a virus and after I reinstall all I am getting the following errors. The copy of the db is clean as it come from a backup on CD made way before the virus and reinstall.

So the errors are:
1 - When I open the database - Access database contains a missing or broken reference to the file ' MSOWCW.DLL'

2 - After I click 'OK' on the previous error message. Run time error ' The command or action 'GotoControl' isn't available now.

For the error 2 I believe that there is a setup to do in access to load a DLL or something(cannot remember) and this may be the problem.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Sorry:

on error 2, if I debug the line of code says:
DoCmd.GoToControl "Rechnom"

Again, all this used to work, so I think it is a probleme with a setup or missing add-in in Access, but I could be wrong.

From any code module, select Tools > References.
Look for the word MISSING.
Uncheck, re-check that reference.

Randy

The first error is the source. So you have to fix the reference. The second error, as I see, is irrelevant. My experience is that, if there is a broken reference, the VBA run-time may not understand objects or methods from available references.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back