Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cas85

Programmer
Mar 6, 2004
US
I use a package that uses Access as its db. All of a sudden the application cannot find Access. I can open Access directly. Does anyone know how Applications access Access and how to repair this issue?

If you've not changed the location of any files and have not upgraded anything then try rebooting your machine.
Otherwise I think you will have to contact the application supplier.

I guess the question I am asking is if the driver some how became corrupt does anyone know how to re install them?

It doesn't look like the problem is at the Access end as you can use Access directly.

Correct Access does Work. The trick is how do thrid party software get to Access

Depends on how old it is.
Newer software is likely to be using OLE DB Jet 4.0 driver, but older apps could be using a DSN with a Jet ODBC driver.

How are ya cas85 . . . . .

By any chance is there some [blue]option[/blue] in the Application where the [blue]Access Path[/blue] can be specified?

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back