Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access dominates cpu usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarloZ

Programmer
Dec 15, 2001
CA
Hello everyone. You might have idea or experience with access kiiling the cpu usage. my back end hosts all the access database and the front ends have the forms, reports and codes. what is weird is this, the machines running on 64mb of ram cannot update their displays due to out of memory errors. any ideas?

I have similar problem. I heard you can make certain processes run "in the background" of the application, but I dunno exact code.

This is the best I know:
Application.ScreenUpdating = False ' helps VBA to run more efficiently.

If you find a better one, let me know.

timeismoney@juno.com

This probably won't help, but we had a similiar problem. Thought it was memory, but it was determined that a network card had fried and was not releasing the Database when the application was closed. Wierd. New networking card fixed our problem, but I remember it had the look of a memory problem.

Heehaw

KarloZ,
Here are a couple more things to look at...
If you are importing forms and the like from one database to the other you need to compile them. Somewhere there is a Tech-Net issue on this subject.
Another possible canidate is that the Office Service Packs aren't installed. I had an entire office that had the same problem because they weren't installed. If the machines have 64k it could be possible.
JerseyBoy
Remember: self-praise is no recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back