Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Denied!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikolaj

Programmer
Jun 14, 2000
DK
Hi!!<br><br>How do you solve the &quot;Access Denied!&quot; problem when you try to create an object on a remote server that you are not logged on to????<br><br>Is it a fact that you have to be a user on that machine and have to be logged on to have enough rights to create an object??<br><br>MTS makes it possible to create the object but not to use the Interface of the object!! Same &quot;Access Denied!&quot; Error!<br><br>Regards!

The next step that I would take is to run DCOMCNFG.EXE on the remote server and make sure that your user ID has the proper permissions.<br><br>Hope that helps!<br> <p>Pat Gleason<br><a href=mailto:gleason@megsinet.net>gleason@megsinet.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Hi!!<br>Thanks for your response!!<br><br>I have tried to give Everybody all rights in the DCOMCNFG! It didnt work as long Im not logged on to the server! If I log on there is no problem what so ever!! Dammit!! It pisses me off!<br><br>But thanks anyway!<br><br>Regards Nikolaj

Check the tabblad &quot;Identity&quot; in DCOMCNFG. See that you don't choose &quot;the launching user&quot;, try the setting &quot;this user&quot; and give up the administrator account of the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back