Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access denied to file username [username]. Top of information store... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGriffith

MIS
Apr 7, 2004
US
I get the following error.
Access denied to file username [username]. Top of Information Store.Inbox.email message

I have searched vertias's website and the only thing I have seen is to delete the message out of the mailbox. But I need a solution that is automated. Has anyone come up with one?

&

Directory not found. Can not backup directory. username [username] and its subdirectories.
This user is no longer here, so we inactivated their account and hide there mailbox. Does anyone know a way to ignore this or to fix this from happening. I know that it has something to do with the fact that I hide the name from the global access list but I do not want to delete their mailbox. So I hide their mailbox and disable their account. If anyone knows of another way of doing this I would appreciate it.

I need this fixed b/c my job keeps showing failed and the only reason why is because of these messages.

Thanks

I have a Windows 2003 Server Standard, Exchange 2003 Server Standard, and Veritas Backup Exec 9.1

As far as your second question: I believe you need to modify the backup job definition and remove (de-select) the user's mailbox, that's in question, from the job.

I too am running into your first problem. I get the error "Access denied to file...." only once in the log file. This is the only error for the whole job, but the job ended with "Job Failed". I will try having the user delete the file.

Veritas has a document: that describes this error for entire mailboxes failing.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back