Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Denied for Crystal Sample reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

VANMAN

MIS
Sep 10, 1999
CA
I have just install the crystal 8 web server components on an NT 4 server and when I try to access the samples that use the ASP pages Active X viewer I get an error "Access Denied". When I check the ASP page it appears that the session object is the problem. The SelectionFormula.htm pulls up properly but as soon as the SelectionFormula.asp tries to run I get this:
Seagate Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer error '80043ac6'

Access denied.

/scrsamples/Active Server Pages/SelectionFormula.asp, line 69

The line in question is trying to set the session object to the report name and path I have checked and the paths are all correct as well as the rpt name.
I am sure it is some permission but I can't figure out where.

Thanks Vanman

Right click the report and select properties->security to see what users have access to the file or the container folder, perhaps it's a permission issue.

-k

Thanks
I checked both the security permissions at the rpt level and web sharing on the folders and they are set for ADMIN and users.

van

Just to let everyone know I have solved this problem. The Crystal Article ID is c2007312, the problem was the system environment variables. Once I changed these and rebooted the server the problem was fixed.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back