Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Denied Exchange Mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

svenmontgomery

Technical User
Nov 7, 2002
AU

Hi all,

Running Backup Exec 10D

I can successfully backup data shares and the Microsoft Information store but when I try to do Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes I receive the error 'Logon account failed to access SERVER\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes. Access is denied'.

I am using a domain admin account which has delegated administrative control of my exchange environment.

Any help appreciated!

After reading piles of white papers, forums and veritas knowledge base getting and getting no further. I tried the job again to get some error messages and it worked.

No idea. Just hope that it keeps working.

Account must have mailbox assignet to it and be mail enabled.

Did you recently change the administrative password to that log on account? If not, is the accoutn a restricted logon account?

It came good. Not exactly sure what happened. Backup Exec - Great software but has some quirks

I have just had the same problem.
My 'veritasmaster' account just didn't get accepted by veritas so...
I wanted to go to active directory to create a new user with a mailbox, and use this new account for my backup. But after I crated the new account my old account, the 'veritasmaster', worked!!

I was going nuts over this, but now it works for a pretty much unexplainable reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back