Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Denied BUT....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 23, 2013
US
Hello all.

Mitel 3300 MXeIII version 13.0.1.28.

Installed a T1/E1 card about a month ago because the old NSUII finally died at that time.

THE ISSUE IS... When dialing Local and 800 numbers, phones get access denied. Try a second time immediately after by either manually dialing or pressing redial, the call goes right through and all functions work as normal. Phone is able to dial out for awhile it seems, then later or the next day the process is repeated. Call out local or 800 number, Access Denied... try again immediately after, goes right through, works for awhile, then repeat the process.

Long distance calls work fine, those do require an access code. This has been a small headache for me last night and today and I am sure it is something simple that I am overlooking.

911 calls work fine.

No COR or COS changes were made.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

You could try enabling 'enbloc' in the ISDN protocol form.

When you hit redial or dial a short number, the digits are probably being sent enbloc and are working. When you dial a longer number you are probably using overlap dialling and the carrier may not support that.

Do you have B-Channels in the trunk group that are not in service?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Sorry for not getting back on this, I'll check this out when I get there today. Worked in another location yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back