Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access DB for bicylcle shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick123

Technical User
Apr 8, 2003
NL
Hi,

I know someone who has a bicycle shop and is using a program written with Perfect View (very old DOS version)

Now I would like to make this in Access, but I was wondering if someone already got some kind of Access database specifically made for a shop.

At least I can see how it is created so I can see how I should do it.

otherwise usefull resources on the net ?

thanks

Take a look at Northwind.mdb it comes with access and shows plenty of different things.

Try looking at the database wizards that come with Access, File, New and select the database tab.

There's a selection there

Neil Berryman
IT Trainer
neil_berryman@btopenworld.com

It depends on the functions you are considering for the DB. In most Retail enviroments you will an intergrated POS system which will act as a till as well as the stock tracking mechanism.

To make a simple stock inventory system is simplistic a but the development of a backend POS is more involved as most of us have found that everyone in a retail outlet wants customisation and that sometimes can be long winded.

regards
Gareth.......

Those that see someone elses disability have the greatest disability of all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back