Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Database Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsm1993

Programmer
Sep 18, 2008
US
I have all of a sudden started getting an error trying to open an database. I get the following error:

"You do not have the necessary permissions to use the "..." object. Have your system administrator or the person who created the object establish the appropriate permissions for you"

I have tried opening on multiple pc's using different versions of both the mdw security file as well as the access database.

Has anyone seen anything like this and have any suggestions?

Thanks

Not sure if this is an Access security issue or Filesystem security issue.

Ensure that everyone has the same read and/or write permissions to the folders and file(s).

Assuming it is not file system...
If you haven't already.... Compact/Repair

Best bet is to go to a backup. I trust this is a Front End file and you won't lose data and you have backups...

Another less good option: Import everything to a new file with a user that has read design and read data permission to everything and set permissions in the new file.

It appears my security file was corrupt. I am not sure what caused it and had tried replacing it multiple times, but on the last try, it suddenly opened. Yes, it was a front end and I did have back-ups of both the front end as well as the mdw file. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back