Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access database linking with outlook contacts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisgreen

Programmer
Jun 28, 2000
GB
Is there a component or a way of updating peoples contacts(outlook) from data in an Access database.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have access to everyones mail boxes.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>I want to use the last modified date field in the access database to query the relevant data that is to be updated in the contacts in outlook.

If you have Outlook '97 or 98 and Access '97. Then you have to get some Microsoft plug-ins off their WEB site. I don't remember what or where they are.<br>If, Access 2000 - outlook 2000 then you can link anything in the Outlook Folder list. Once linked it can be manipulated like any other table in Access.<br>To see if you have installed everything you need in 2000's.<br>Open Access and click the &quot;Tables&quot; TAB.<br>Right click in the white space.<br>Click &quot;Link...&quot;<br>Next at the bottom of that box in &quot;Files of Type&quot; click &quot;Exchange ()&quot;<br>Next you will see your Outlook folders list and grab anything you want.<br><br>I'll look at work for the Plug-ins. I did it there if you need them for '97-'98.<br><br> <p>DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

Thanks for your help.<br>I have office 2000pro so I will not need the plugins.<br><br>Cheers

What if nothing comes up in your file under outlooks folders? I am working with a LAN in my house but I have been trying to link outlook with access for weeks and I still haven't found the right conection. I can export my contacts folder into access but I cannot link them. When I select the outlook folders () I get nothing! I am working with Windows 98 and office 2000. Any ideas?

I am in the same situation as AdeleCM. I can see the Outlook folders collection in the wizzard dialog, bby attempting to expand it on the first try does nothing, Second and subsquent attempts return error ... Oublook not available. Don't see any options or browse options.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

Exactly!!! I am at a loss to find the answer even the Access programers here at work can't figure it out! I was thinking today it might be related to the user as each of my wab files are filed under data aplications with the user name but I still cannot find a way to search from this wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back