Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Database Can't Repair and doesn't recognize password. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidonie

Instructor
Oct 2, 2001
AU
I was doing some development work on my db (I am only user with access to it) and I was kicked out by Access. I started file again and this message appeared, "The Database (Name) needs to be repaired or isn't a database file". I've tried to repair but I then get a message "Not a valid password" , "db can't be repaired". Can someone please tell me Access is joking!!!! Any ideas on how or who can recover files with this type of damage.

You might try creating a new database and using the File-Get external data-Import command to see if you can import your objects from the damaged database.

Unfortunately because the password on this database seems to be corrupted, you are unable to import from it as there is no way of by passing the Database Password.

Apparently there is a utility that you can download from MS - I think it is called JetComp.exe - that might be able to help you. This utility can sometimes repair a corrupted db where the built-in repair/compact cannot.

HTH
Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back