Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access - data access pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

neillovell

Programmer
Aug 27, 2002
GB
Hi all,
I'm thinking about doing a timesheet application using a data access page, sticking the pages onto the intranet and having users fill in their information from there, with the documents connected to the database on the server.

A couple of questions...

1) Can I password-protect files so only the designated person can open and edit their timesheet?
2) Would it be smarter to have one access page for all users, or one for each person?
3) Can several people update their information at the same time if using one page shared between all?

Just an idea, I may well drop it but I like to know my options.

1) Can I password-protect files so only the designated person can open and edit their timesheet?
Yes, the best way is to create a login page that will identify the person at the database level.

2) Would it be smarter to have one access page for all users, or one for each person?
The access page is a front end, as long as you close the connection while editing, then re-open it on submit, one page should work fine.

3) Can several people update their information at the same time if using one page shared between all?
Yes, by closing the connection to the database until information is submitted. You will want to use ASP for these pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back