Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

access crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedum

Technical User
Mar 22, 2004
BE
I updated office to version 2013.
Before in 2012 there was no problem. Now if I use a macro in a certain form and I use a vba procedure afther then I get a crash.
But it is very strange because when I execute the macro 2 times: I first select an item in a combobox then I select another Item and then execute the vba procedure no crash. If I use the debugging step no error and no crash.
Any advise???

In the past, when new versions of MS Access were released, I always tested everything 1st. I would test with a PC with just the new version, and no older versions held over. With few exceptions, I rarely had any issues. So... my suggesting is to identify if the issue is related to a specific configuration/installation of MS Access on a PC. Hopefully, you have a test PC around where you can stage the test environment(s). I know that Upgrades occassionally do not have clean installs and leave some older stuff around. I hope this was helpful...

Steve Medvid
IT Consultant & Web Master

I'm not saying what you have isn't a 2013 issue but...
The generic solution for those symptoms for many versions is to open the file with the decompile command line switch and then to compile all modules. In rare cases importing everything to a new file helps.... In extraordinary cases, recreating a problem form from scratch helps.

That said, I rarely use office until the first Service Pack comes out.

Thanks for the reaction.
First I have tried on several pc. Same error.
Updating? Maybe this can help, but until now the crash stays.

Decompiling?? How do I decompile? I tried this before but there wasn't any difference. I am putting Option Explicit in every procedure. This maybe helps to find some errors that didn't show before.

If there are some other ideas let me know please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back