Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access button to import text file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2017
PR
Hello,

I need help programming a command button in Access 2010 to import a text file; (the code should have the (all range) delimiter) and by pressing the button, Access 2010 reading the text file should produce the file. Once inside Access, the text file updates my queries.

Thanks,

Marjorie

Looks like you're tossing out a programming request. If you want help on something specific, you need to ask about that specific portion.

At the very least, you are talking about at least 2 or 3 different things.

What you need to do is:
[ol 1]
[li]Focus first on getting the data imported into Access: For instance, what's the original source? Do you really need code to do it? Etc[/li]
[li]Then make sure it works - tested it manually various times. Then tell your button to run the code from the form, and ensure it works.[/li]
[li]Once you're this far, you can work on the queries you're talking about. What do you mean "updates my queries"? If you're updating a query, then you're generally updating the SQL behind the query. If you're updating actual values, you're updating tables. So once you get there, perhaps start a new question/thread, and give a bit more detail - but work on getting the other items completed before jumping here.[/li]
[/ol]

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back