Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Applications For Tablet PC'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbl1167

Programmer
Oct 2, 2006
US
I need to create an application for a tablet pc for our moving sales force. In our office we use

Microsoft Access as our main database product. It is possible to create decent applications for

the tablet using Microsoft Access? What about handwriting recognition? Our vendors have to enter

number of units sold etc Can Microsoft Access Manage that? Do you know of books or web resources

to use in order to see examples or getting tutorials?

Thank you

Hello jbl1167,

As I understand it, the tablet PC is nothing more than a touch screen where the stylus mimics a mouse click. I have created a few touch screen applications with MS Access. I imagine this would be very similar.

As far a handwriting recognition, that sounds a little futuristic. If they need to enter a quantity or type text I suggest creating a small pop up form that would look and act just like a keyboard. Using the SendKeys command should help.

Hope this shed some light...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back