Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access and Groupwise: Email Address Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

reclusivemonkey

Programmer
Oct 7, 2004
GB
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum, so please excuse any faux pas. I have a problem with sending emails from access through groupwise. I have a form from which I select the criteria for my report, one of which is a ComboBox with the person's name and email address. The email addresses on our intranet work fine (forename.surname@organisation.com), however when the email addresses are external, forename.surname@organisation.com, groupwise is removing everying after the first period, and sending to forename@organisation.com. The 'To:' field appears correct, and even the link in the properties of the sent email in groupwise shows the full address, but under 'Recipients' there is @organisation.com and then surname forname where there should be @organisation then forename.surname. Has anyone experienced this before? I saw a link to the Novell site but it just led me to the first page and I couldn't find anything in the forums. I know this is probably more Groupwise than Access but I've had no luck finding a solution anywhere. Thanks in advance for any help. The code is below, just in case.

Private Sub Email_Detail_Report_Click()

' Macro to send Tab Detail RTF format report
' In order to accomplish what we want, we need to firstly set the criteria for the report (Financial Year, Month, Cost Centre, FMO)
' then produce the report with the criteria title and save a copy. We can then export this copy in RTF format and send via email.

' Declarations
Dim rpt As Report
Dim frm As Form, ctl As Control
Dim stDocName As String ' Standard report template name
Dim stExpName As String ' Exported report name
Dim CCENT_CODE As String
Dim MONTH As String
Dim abvMONTH As String
Dim EmailAddress As String

Set frm = Forms!Switchboard
Set ctl = frm!Tabs_Criteria

MONTH = Me.Report_Month.Column(1)
abvMONTH = UCase(Left(MONTH, 3)) ' Abbreviate month as we are limited to eight character filenames
stDocName = "rptTabDetail"

' Get the report criteria from the form
MailRecipient = ctl.Column(0) ' Who we are mailing to
EmailAddress = ctl.Column(1) ' Their email address
Forename = ctl.Column(3) ' Their forename
CCENT_CODE = ctl.Column(2) ' The cost centre
stExpName = CCENT_CODE & "-" & abvMONTH ' The exported report name

' Copy the report with its criteria name
DoCmd.CopyObject , stExpName, acReport, stDocName

' Email message
msg = "Dear " & Forename & "," & Chr(10) & Chr(10) & "Please find enclosed your detailed tab report for the month of "
msg = msg + MONTH & ". Regards, "

' Send the report
DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, stExpName, acFormatRTF, EmailAddress, , , "Tab Report for " & MONTH, _
msg, True

' Delete the report (remember this is not the template, simply the one we had copied in order to send with the correct name
DoCmd.DeleteObject acReport, stExpName

End Sub

depending on the version of groupwise there is a mail processing rule that could probably be added.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Could you expand please? I have some mail processing rules set up in GroupWise, but I am not sure how this would help. Thanks.

Hi Jeff,

I've managed to resolve the problem. I have simply used the person's name rather than the actual email address. I have to make sure all the emails are in my address book, but just passing the name to the email picks up the address when I send it. Thanks for your help anyway.

Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back