Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access & Modify paradox 4.5 tables in windows via ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

calumet

Programmer
Jan 31, 2001
BE
I work width an application developped in Paradox 4.5
When i try to access tables via ODBC width Power Builder, or SAS, I can read the data, but I can't change the values.
I use Microsoft ODBC driver.
Why does it not work ?
Is this due to the ODBC driver ?

i also work with paradox 4.5. i'm currently trying to write an ivr application using intel's ct ade (formerly a product called VOS from parity software). i should be able to connect to the paradox database using odbc drivers and i'm using standard microsoft drivers. i'm also using the jet database engine. the combination doesn't seem to work. do i need to use the BDE in combination with ms's odbc driver? it doesn't make sense to me that m$ would write it's drivers this way. requiring us to use a third party database engine?

also, i've seen settings with ms odbc that seem to indicate a variety of ways to interact with the database from read only to write with a number of share alternatives in between. your original question is nearly two years old now. i'm hoping that you've solved your problem and may be able to shed some light on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back