Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access ActiveX Calendar Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

dssjon

MIS
May 29, 2007
US
Hello there,

I am new to Access VBA and I am curious if there is a ActiveX control available (or something with similar functionality) that actually allows scheduling activities in an access form. For instance, it would be nice for the user to see an interface similar to an outlook calendar. Then the user can click on a specific day in a month, and schedule a job. From there the user can see other jobs also scheduled during the month. The only functionality of the jobs will be to call a DTS package in SQL server. I think I might be able to reference the job object in SQL DMO for this but I'm not quite clear, there may be a simpler approach.

I appreciate any advice you guys have!

There is. Check out the More Controls icon on your form design tool kit.

Want the best answers? See FAQ181-2886

Actully should have read the whole post. There is a calendar control but you would need to add additional functionality to the form to get the rest of what your after.

Want the best answers? See FAQ181-2886

What I really should have clarified is: how can I add that kind of functionality to an existing calendar control? Are there any coders who can point me in the right direction?

Did you ever find a solution to this calendar question? I have set up an Access form with the ActiveX calendar control and would like to be able to use event data imported from an Outlook calendar. Any thoughts about how I might do that?

Sorry, I never found the appropriate solution.

You're talking about an "event calendar". You can google it to find examples in Access. I have one but tek-tips doesn't allow anyone to post their email address. However, check this out:
thread181-1173849

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back