Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

access a novell 3.2 volume via TCPIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffbrock

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2003
US
I have a 3.2 novell server that I need to access via our web site and for secutiry purpose I need to access that servee via IP and have my local lan access it via IPX.. I loaded IP on the server and I can ping it but how do I map a drive to the novell shared name?

NetWare 3.12 does not support client connections on the TCP/IP protocol with out the NetWare/IP server product installed on top.

Provogeek

Saving the world, one network at a time
[rofl][rofl]

Do you mean the TCPIP.nlm or something else?

Somthing else. NetWare/IP is a product that installs on top of NetWare 3.x and to my knowledge it allows clients to access the file system via the TCP/IP protocol. I have never used the product my self, so I don't know the details on it.

Here is a quib I could find on it

Provogeek

Saving the world, one network at a time
[rofl][rofl]

Tried to upgrade fully functioning 3.12 system - great for 10 years... (325 MB system HD+ fully Netware partitioned 1.6GB) with additional Maxstor 6GB HD; First installed new drive as second IDE master then tried partitioning it as a Netware partition; Install would create a volume, which wouldn't mount and then disappear saying FAT errors; vrepair could not correct.
I then disconnected my existing 1.6GB and hooked up the 6GB as slave drive; put a 100MB dos partition on it with the rest as Netware partition; still cannot create or mount a new Netware volume. I am at a standstill.
DOS recognized server.312 drive on original disk as c: and new DOS partition on 6GB as d:; Netware will not allow me to create volumes on rest of disk or install system on new drive.
Am I doing something wrong? Please help..any documented procedure for adding hard disk to 3.12 as entire Netware volumes. I am below the 8 GB threshold so I dont believe this is the problem. Do I need to install the newer ideata.ham or idehd.ham files. How do I install these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back