Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 97 save as type is different between loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtothis

MIS
Apr 5, 1999
US
We have several systems running Access 97 and when we do save as/export there is different save as types listed in the save as types box. The systems were loaded the same way as far as we know. Reloading office 97 with custom load and then select all does not add the additional format types in the save as type box. Basically some of our system have Excel 3,4,5 and 97 format type in the selection box and some do not, why?

I noticed this before and was told by our network engineers that the multipack (server) version does not have all the format types that are in the single-user pack (desktop) version. Don't know whether that's correct or not but you should be able to get more info if you search the Microsoft Knowledgebase for Article ID: Q162714 (Data Access Pack).

Do a find files for all *.flt files on the PC that has the most save-as options. Copy them and put them on the other PC by: checking to see where the existing *.cnv files are and put them into the same folder. I might reboot too, just in case. Also, make sure you don't bother with *.cnv files that aren't somewhere in the MS Office directory structure. I'm pretty sure that'll work. Hope so.

SORRY!! *.flt in the first line of my post should be *.cnv!!

Did you install the Data Access Pack? YOu need to do this. It's on your CD.

Are the additional files types grayed out in reinstall?<br>
our's even said they were &quot;installed&quot;, but the gray out didn't let us uninstall and then reinstall.<br>
<br>
We fixxed this problem by following the steps outlined in Q171955 - ACC97:Certain ISAM drivers Not Appearing in Files Of Type Box.<br>
<br>
Lots of steps but basically, you find and rename:<br>
MSEXCL35.dll<br>
MSTEXT35.dll<br>
MSXBSE35.dll<br>
<br>
then start office setup (should go to maintenance mode), hit Add/Remove, select Data Access, change, database drivers, change, you should now see the check box cleared (ours was), but microsoft says you can now uncheck to uninstall, then reinstall.<br>
<br>
HTH<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back