Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 97. How do I find and modify macros using VBA 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escolar

Programmer
Oct 24, 2001
AU
I need to be able to modify macros from VBA code. I scripts to find the macro names but all I can modify is the names themselves. For this I use DoCmd.Rename "CurrentName", acTable, "NewName". But how do I change a macro's contents? How do I view its parameters in code?
Is there a special hidden function to do this?

IF you have created som macros, you can open them in vba via tools - macros - visual basic editor (but i guess it is not installed, because you should have seen this if you can rename your macros).
In the visual basic editor there is a ?? called modules, and there you can find the code from a macro.
Scampi
I'm also known as ELECTRA BOY

On my 97 it offers you Convert Macros to Visual Basic. Not quite what you are looking for, but may help to slove your problem mike.stephens@bnpparibas.com

Scampi, I'm not sure what you mean by Tools macros visual basic editor. It does not seem to apply in Access 97.

BNPMike, Thanks for the tip, I may have to convert the macros to VB. It's a pity that Microsoft does not allow the same functionality for macros as it does for Tables, Queries, Forms, Reports and Modules, all of which I can change from code by using their various collections and properties.
Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back