Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

access 97 calendar control 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshone

Programmer
Jul 30, 2001
GB
hello,
since adding a calendar control to a form some users access crashes when they try to view this form.
what would be the reasons for this ?

(ps, not everyone is crashing only about 5 out of 20)

thanks you/

If the calendar control is an activeX then it may be that the users that are having problems do not have the ActiveX components installed

Jimmy

maybe they don't have the nessecary modules?

I don't think calendar is standard, but I could be wrong...

I';ve checked and they do have the MSCAL.ocx installed.
but it could be different versions...

the users that are crashing have an older version ofthe calender control.
how can I install the version 10 ?
I have tried registering the version 10 ocx, the correct calender then appears in the activx list, but when I click on it and try to add the calendar to a form it crashes...

erm, try going into references, you should be able to pick which verson to use, assuming that it's installed...

if it's not installed, then you need to goto microsoft to download the file, and then install it, and then reference it...

fixed it !
looking on microsfot site there a problem with files registered if access has been upgraded from 95 to 97.
specifically the calender control is not registered correctly.
I have reregisted the correct verions (8) and now it works !
thanks for the help in pointing me in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back