Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 97 and Windows 2000 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

netcert

Programmer
Apr 11, 2001
US
Are there any known issues already regarding using Access 97 on W2k Server? We are currently running it on Win NT 4.0 and need to upgrade to W2K bu won't to make sure there are no known issues. We can't upgrade to Access 2000 just yet.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Not a 100% guarantee, but we run a 800mb access 97 db on w2k server with no real problems. We get occasional (6 months apart) corruptions, but we had these on NT4 also, they seem software related not OS.

I have seen corruption issues on NT 4 server running Access 2000 across a LAN. Never experienced any major issues with Access 97 on W2K.

sorry, not so much a reply, but just to say that I'm stuck in the same situation and am very reluctant to go to from NT4 to W2K as I rely heavily on an Access97 database.
Anyone out there able to advise on using Access 97 on W2K or 2003?
Many thanks
C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back