Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2010 to 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWTrust

Technical User
Apr 2, 2002
GB
I have written an Access database in 2010 to be run on a 2003 system. The database (.accdb)ran with no problems on my machine. I converted it to 2003 (.db) and it ran with no problems on my machine. However, on installing it on the machine it was intended for (2003) although it ran with no problem, on closing a message "Access has encountered a problem and needs to close" appears. I also notice that the .ldb file remains. Both machines are running Win 7.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have encountered the same. I don't know why. To get around it, I copy my Access file to another name. Then I delete the old one and also the 1 KB .ldb file Then i use the newer file name and i am okay again. I encountered this on both a windows xp lan and also my standalone home machine. Maybe someone knows the real reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back