Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2010 reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansretallick

Technical User
Jan 9, 2006
GB
I have placed buttons on my access 2010 reports to performs such functions as print PDF, close report etc, but they only function when I open the database holding the shift key down. I have tried switching things like Allow Full Menus, Allow Default Shotcut Menus, Display Status Bar, Enable Layout View etc on and off and it still won't allow me to use a button without starting in Shift Key Down mode. There is no AutoExec file.

What are your 'Trust Center' settings? Check those first.

When all else fails, manipulate the data.

Thanks Trevil, but I had already added in the trusted location - I have just checked in Trust Center and reset to allow everything, but still no result. The function buttons appear, but they can't be clicked in the reports.

Make sure all your modules have 'Option Explicit' at the top, then COMPILE to make sure there are no errors.
Do you see any warning messages displayed when Access opens?
Holding down the shift key was designed to allow you to bypass startup options. Than means either a setting or macro or code.
Is this an '.accdb' file or other?

Sorry to be stupid, Trevil but I'm not very good with code. Do you mean where code "Option Compare Database" is , then follow this with "Option Explicit" on the next line, or replace that line?

Add a new line, after 'Option Compare...' with 'Option Explicit'

Oh dear, not that either. I'm racking my brains to see what the problem is, but so far no joy.

I've solved it - I've gone back to an earlier version, and changed the way the reports displayed (as "Report" rather than "Print Preview") and that has worked - a similar solution didn't work in the latest version for some reason.
Many thanks Trevil for helping me - I'd still like to know what was wrong, but just thankful that I have a working version again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back