Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2010 permissions issue revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

vba317

Programmer
Mar 5, 2009
US
I have copied an Access 2003 working database from one server to another. On the new server I created 5 new system DSN's through the SQL server with the ODBC connection program. I than created the ODBC connection in the Access database. I see all 5 ODBC connections I created from within the database. When I go to the connection wizard and I click on machine data source I see all the databases I linked. The problem is whatever database I click on I can only see system tables and not the tables I need. I tried to build an Access 2010 database with the same results. Any help is appreciated.

Tom

Thsnk's for that update. I just moved the module from a class module to a module.
Now I am getting a compile error on my code Call FixConnections(AMSPBI,rptdata_ahs) the AMSPBI2 is being highlighted. That is the correct name of the server.
Tom

I expect the function expects either memory variables or literal strings like:

Code:
Call FixConnections("AMSPBI","rptdata_ahs")

The web page
Webpage said:
If you've added this code in a module, you can invoke it from the Debug Window (Ctrl-G) by typing:

FixConnections "MyServer", "MyDatabase"

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Duane,
Once again thanks for your patience! Going back and forth between sql and access I got the ' mixed up with quotes. I got the FixConnections code to run but now all my linked tables are deleted from the database. I tried to relink the tables using the normal process but I still can only see the system tables only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back