Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2010 error when accessing using ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidj

Programmer
Mar 11, 2013
GB
Hi,

I have an access 2010 database which is being populated by data from a sharepoint list. I am using classic asp to query and display data from the database. Now that I have released the application to the users (approx 10 concurrent users), they are getting the error:

Microsoft Access Database Engine error '80004005'
The database has been placed in a state by user <<name>> on machine <<machine name>> that prevents it from being opened or locked.

My connection string is:
strConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=<<link to datasource>>;Persist Security Info=False; Mode=Share Deny None"

I have also checked that the database is not being opened in exclusive mode too.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this one?

Thanks in advance!

Data Source=<<link to datasource>> Needs to be a physical path to the file. Use Server.MapPath(Root relative path) to convert it.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

The link to the database is a physical path. Any other ideas?

Permission issue?
Do the users have write permission on the folder the db is stored in?

“Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” (Kofi Annan)
Oppose SOPA, PIPA, ACTA; measures to curb freedom of information under whatever name whatsoever.

Try the following from the command line on the server (I'm assuming XP)
Code:
cacls dbname.mdb /E /G everyone:C
On W7, this has been replaced by icacls. Parameters may be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back