Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2010/Crystal XI 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charliy

Programmer
Aug 12, 2008
US
Just had my computer replaced and the one thing I forgot to get off the old one was my connection to an Access 2010 database.

I'm using Crystal XI

When I try to build an ODBC connection the driver is looking for mdb files, what I have is an accdb file. Same thing when I just do "new connection" and select "Access/Excel" as the option.

I remember that it was a pain to set up the first time, but don't remember how I did it. Any ideas?

First off you need the ODBC driver for Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb). Then you will have to create the ODBC (I did not know that CR XI would even work with Access 2007+). At least that is how it works with CR 2011.

Sorry to take so long to get back on this. I ran into some conflicts and had to uninstall a 32-bit app in order to allow the 64-bit driver to install.

Thanks for the assistance.

Oops, I spoke too soon. The driver installed correctly, but I'm still having trouble getting Crystal to use the Access database. When I try to set up an ODBC connection I'm prompted for a username and password - this database does not have one.

I remember it being quite difficult to get set up the first time, and I need to resolve this quickly because people are pushing me to get the data.

If there is no user name or password, then you should be able to leave those blank and still connect. Of course be sure to use the 32-bit OBDC.

Okay, I have the 64 bit installed. Back to the installing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back