Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

access 2007 - how to show page footer of report on 1st page only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnLink

Technical User
Feb 14, 2015
AU
Hi all - having a problem with an old application I did few years ago. User now wants his logo at bottom of page 1 only. But still wants to have page numbering on all pages. Have been tinkering around with the PageFooterSection_Format code as below that I found on these forums ...

Private Sub PageFooterSection_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
Cancel = Page > 1
End Sub

This works to hide the logo after page 1 but also hides the page numbering after page 1.
Am just a novice with access code so sorry if too simple??

Have you considered making the logo invisible in pages 2 and beyond?

Code:
Private Sub PageFooterSection_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    Me.LogoControlName.Visible = (Page = 1)
End Sub

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Thanks for that suggestion Duane. On my PC I only have Access 2013 so have not been able to test as yet till I go to the users site with Access 2007. One question - will the visible switch set to NOT in that code ie pages 2 and following free up the page space at the bottom. The logo images (x4) take up about 5cm at the bottom of the page and the earlier solution code I was using just made them not visible but still kept the space tied up so the report body text could not flow the full depth of the following pages - just white space was showing which the user did not want. Thanks for your help much appreciated.

One further question how popular is Access nowadays as a client solution? Given it was a bit flaky in the past and with the increase in functionality of cloud business software is it still a force and should I be putting time into up skilling in Access in todays market?

The solution I suggested will not free up any space at the bottom.

You might want to start a new thread regarding MS Access and the future. It's still the very best solution for creating database front-ends.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back