Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2007 Controls Don't Work in Access 07 Runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

milcman

Programmer
Dec 19, 2002
US
I have an application written in Access 2007 that works fine on my machine, and worked when I originally installed it on the end-user's machine. At some point the controls on the main form quit working. It gives an error code of 2950. I have researched the problem and what I have found points to a security restriction on the machine in conjunction with the access runtime. I tried the suggestions of putting the accdb in a trusted location and also including and registering a digitally signed certificate (self-cert)but neither allowed the controls to work on the test machine.

I'm looking for any help I can get here.

Regards,

Clint C. Galliano

Clint Galliano
Halliburton Energy Services
BAROID PSL
"Done ONCE, Done RIGHT!"

Thanks for the quick reply, Bob. That is one of the articles I ran across. I registered the location of the DB as a trusted location and also registered a digital "SelfCert" certificate on the test machine, but still get the error. I have some added code behind the controls in addition to their normal functionality. After sleeping on it, I think I can get away with removing that code and not lose functionality. I think it may be what is giving me fits. I'll find out when I get to work today.

Regards,

Clint C. Galliano

Clint Galliano
Halliburton Energy Services
BAROID PSL
"Done ONCE, Done RIGHT!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back