Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2003: requested type library or wizard is not a vba project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISUTri

MIS
Mar 25, 2004
US
I created an MDE with Access 2000 but when I try to use this mde on a PC with access 2003 I get the following error: requested type library or wizard is not a vba project

I have other MDE's that I have made with Access 2000 that work fine with 2003. And the MDE that errors will work if I convert it to 2003 and make the MDE from there. Problem is not all of the users have 2003 so I need to keep the back end as 2000 for the time being. Any ideas on why I'm getting this error?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Have you included a reference to a library that does not exist on the 2003 PC? A common problem is with Word and Outlook. You can use late binding to get round this problem, but you will need to provide values for all built-in constants.

Thanks for the reply, but the interesting part is the MDE that I created in Access 2000 is the only part that doesn't work. If I load the Access 2000 mdb with 2003 it works fine. If I convert the app to 2003 and create an mde both work fine. The references looked ok to me too. The ones that it uses are below.

-Visual Basic For Applications
-Microsoft Access 9.0 Object Library
-Micosoft DAo 3.6 Object Library
-Microsoft Scripting Runtime
-OLE Automation
-Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library
-Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back