Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2003 project / runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyLuciano

Programmer
Aug 12, 2004
FI
I just finished a program created as a ACCESS 2003 Project.

When doing tests everything seemed to work properly.

When doing finall testing on another machine with a runtime installation. Several things don't work. It is all related to using stored procedures as a source for a form. I tried several scenario's (same user, different machines full office vs. Runtime).

Anyone has a idea???? (if it where user rights on sql-server the problem would always occur...)

Could you please give examples of some of the errors you are recieving?

It may be an issue with Sql Server permissions to the user... If the user has only public access to Sql Server.. Set the permissions for the public role to allow Select, Update, Exec etc...

Hope this helps

I agree, it is probably related to permissions of one type or another.

In addition to Shappire's suggestions, do you prefix all objects with dbo.?

dbo.theSP

Thanks for your reply.

i found out that it only happens when using a installation created with the package wizard (ms office developer extentions). When i use a full access installation instead of the runtime only there is no problem (for any user). I think this rules out the theory of the SQL-server rights.

Is it possible that there is a problem using stored procedures as a source for a form when using the runtime?
To be complete i have to tell you that i use a #temp table in this stored procedures.

GReetzzz

Luciano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back