Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2003 Developer Extensions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdaily

Technical User
Jan 19, 2004
US
Running XP Pro with Access 2003

Where can I get the Access 2003 Developer Extensions?

I have searched all over Microsoft's website for answers to creating a runtime version of my db but I can't find anything with instructions.

Does anyone have anything that's straightforward in creating a runtime version of a db? I have gone to the Office 2003 Pro cd and ran the proper installer so that I should be able to run the runtime stuff but I can't find where I need to do it in Access.

Thoughts? What do I need to be able to make my db distributable?

Thanks,

John

AFAIK, the 2003 Developer Extensions is part of Visual Studio.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Thanks! I am going to have to purchase that.

Do you know where I can find decent instructions for creating a runtime copy of my db?

I don't know if I'm supposed to have some sort of add-in or what. I can't find anything that tells me how to make a runtime copy.

Thanks.

Simply follow the packaging wizard.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

That's the problem. I can't find nor get the packaging wizard to work. Are you talking about the packaging wizard in Visual Studio 2005? From what I read I need the Tools for Office also.

Is there a packaging wizard in Access?

Thanks!

I talked about the office developper extensions packager wizard.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

PHV,

My problem is that I don't see any package wizard for access or office developer extensions, nothing! Do you think it's installed incorrectly or something?

I just downloaded the Visual Studio Orcas Beta and it's supposed to have this stuff, and it does for everything BUT Access.

How do I get this done!? It's really frustrating since I have everything installed and can't find nor use it!

Thanks,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back