Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2002 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

alguzman

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2003
US
I converted my Access 97 database to Access 2002. I thought all was good because all the forms and tables and querys were working fine. I never checked the reports tab. I wanted to print out labels today and discovered I can not open any report or label that I had created while the database was in the 97 format. Any reason why 2002 version will not open my reports and labels and everything else works?

I had no problems converting Access 97 to XP (although I did do it in two successive steps: 97->2K-XP).

Perhaps you could post the error message and the conditions under which the report fails. Also, perhaps you could indicate if the tables or queries underlying the reports function properly.

Have you tried examing the reports in design view? Perhaps you could find some clues there as you check out the properties of the report, sections, and controls.

I can see all my tables and queries and forms and all work fine. It is just the reports, I tried to view in design view but it gives me the Access will close error and asks if I would like to send the report to microsoft.

Here is what the error report is stating:

AppName: msaccess.exe AppVer: 10.0.2616.0 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.0.2195.6685 Offset: 00035f1f

It sounds like the reports may have gotten corrupted.

Suggestion: copy all objects from your current 97 database into a new, clean database, then try to convert the new 97 database to XP.

If that fails, you can attempt to open your 97 database using a shortcut (or batch file) and the /decompile option, e.g.

&quot;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.EXE&quot; <Your DB> /decompile

After decompiling, compact the database.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back