Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2002 date problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManagerJay

IS-IT--Management
Jul 24, 2000
US
We have recently upgraded from Office 97 to Office XP, and for the most part, the upgrade went smoothly.

However, we have run into a problem with Access 2002, I cannot figure out and I have not been able to find a patch for.

When we convert a database from Access 97 to Access 2002 that contains =Date(), we receive a message prompting us for the value of Date when we run the report. Changing it to =Format(Date(),"Short Date") yields the same error. If we do not enter data here the date will display as #?Name.

I am only experiencing this problem on the Windows 2000 Professional Workstations. And, I have repaired my version of office without any luck there either. And, I have tried the report with varying levels of permissions from User to Administrator with the same results.

The workstations are PIII 1.3 GHz with 128 MB of RAM, 20 GB HDD with the pagefile set to a maximum of 384 MB.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jay

Goto a code window and goto tools references. Any options which say MISSING, uncheck. I know this could be a prob when upgrading from 97 to 2000, so i assume it may still be a problem.

Nick

=now() works just fine on the Windows 2000 Professional Workstations as well as NT and 98.

I'm going to show my Access ignorance here, but how do you open a code window? We have not written any type of VB for our applications, we are just using the stock report generators that are included with Access.

I also checked the Add-Ins and there are no options installed.

Thanks for your help.

Jay

Ok, i haven't used 2002 and i don't have Acc in front of me so if you have your DB window open (ie the window where you can see a list of tables, forms etc) then goto modules and click New (this isn't the best way but i can't think off hand the steps to goto a code window)
You should now have a blank code window. In the menu at the top there should be a Tools menu option. Click this to view the menu tems. There should be an item called References. Click this and you will get a list of all dlls (or whatever they are) that are currently being used. Uncheck any that say MISSING)

Nick

I have not had a chance to test in Access 2002, but there was definitely a problem in converting from Access 97 to Access 2000. =Date() was specifically one of the problems that I ran into.

The way I got around the problem was to
1. Create a New Blank Database
2. Import all the objects (tables, queries, forms, etc.) into the new database.

This process took care of the problems of Converting. Apparently the change of VB5 to VB6 was not a clean conversion process and the functions did not work in quite the same way. By importing the objects, they created new function categories and cleaned themselves up.

Good Luck.
Dawn

Now that I am back in the office and actually had a chance to try the solutions presented, I am happy to report everything is working fine. Once we removed the checks from the MISSING items everything started working fine.

Thanks for your help and preventing the headache of having to recreate these databases and reports.

Jay Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back