Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnvictoria

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2001
US
After choosing an activity in an activity table (yes/no) field, i want to update a field in another table with the companyID and various dollar amounts.

fishing... 20 in column one, 5 column 2.
dancing... 45 column 3

and keep this tied together based on ID.

In Excel I used select case statements. But am lost on how to even start in Access.

erm...could you give us some more detail? I've not got a good picture of what you're trying to do here

Hi:

Base your form on a query of fields from the two tables. Bind the appropriate controls to the fields you want to update in each table. Gus Brunston 8-: An old PICKer, using Access2000. I manage Suggestions welcome. padregus@attbi.com

I want to keep track of what attendees are charged for attending a meeting. They may choose what activities they do, and the fee for those activities varies.

Then based on a total I must bill or refund the Company.

I then must post varying amounts to individual General Ledger accounts.

(don't get too hung up on my simplified example, I understand db design - that is not my problem)So
FOR EXAMPLE:

TableA
UserID
EventChoice (will be multiple per person ie golf, fishing, dancing.

TableB
UserID
EventAccount5161
EventAccount5166

IF Fishing is 20, then EventAccount5161 gets 8.5, and EventAccount5166 gets 11.50

I am trying to get this in Access because it would help me prove up before putting it in the accounting program.

2. the accounting prog. will not produce the reports that I need.
It is a very simply Accounting Process, but I am lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back