Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkeyMark

Programmer
Nov 9, 1999
IE
Please help...
I am using VB6 (with sp3) and Access 2000..
And I want to use databound objects... but when the source is run, there is an error.. udefined data format.. when loading the database.. I have used the dao 3.6, access 9 object library..
Please help on how to solve this problem..

Mark Hawkins

put the exact line the error is happening on and some other code above and below it.
and also write down the exact error messsage and number.

Tip:
Copy you code to the Windows clipboard then paste it into Notepad and save it then open Tek-tips and open th e notedpad doc and copy and paste the code we need in here.
Also
if you press "Alt Print Screen" when you see an error on any error then go into Paint Brush and press Ctrl-C you can paste it in there, Save it too if you like, then print it out to refer to later.

[sig]<p>DougP, MCP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.[/sig]

Download service pack 4, this is supposed to fix that problem. (see Microsoft knowledge base article Q242010) [sig][/sig]

Just as TenBob suggested, Spk 4 fixes this problem. I had the sam thing happen.

Catrina [sig][/sig]

Hi, i had the same problem and found out that VB6 DAO is not supported by Access 2000 databases or the viceversa. The solution i found out was to
i) convert my database to previous version of Access
or
ii) Use ADOs.

I had the problem when i was converting my database in older version of Access to Access 2000.
I had no problems when i was building an entirely new database with Access 2000 and ofcourse i had to use ADOs.

This was only my personal view and they stand to be corrected.

All the best...vijay

Hi Catrina, thanx very much for helping me solve a piling problem i had. I had to come to my own conclusions as i tried even DAO 3.6 and yes i had a Service pack 3 of VB6. i will definitely try your advice. Thanx again...vijay [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back